I hope this post finds you and your families healthy… a little restless, I'm sure, but hopefully healthy too! J I terribly miss teaching my cooking classes, but thought that I would share a little recipe to help get you through these crazy times.
These are “Energy Balls": a nutritious, guilt-free snack that's perfect before a workout, as a light breakfast, or even for those moments when you're sitting on the couch wondering whether you're hungry or just bored (just me?). They're easy to make (no baking involved!), easy to personalize (substitutions are expected!), great for your digestion, and will really fill you up!
Enjoy the recipe, and feel free to let me know how you personalized it. I look forward to cooking with you soon!
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter, Almond Butter or Tahini (Sesame Seed Butter)
- 1-2 tablespoon Honey, Agave or Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-3 tablespoons Chia Seeds and/or Flax Seeds
- 3/4 cup uncooked Old Fashioned Oats (note: you can use “Quick Oats”, but the balls will have a slightly softer texture)
1. Place the nut butter, honey and vanilla in a microwavable bowl and microwave the ingredients for 20 seconds.
2. Stir the mixture until well combined, then add in the remaining ingredients (and any extra add-ins).
3. Stir well and make sure there are no dry ingredients left on sides of bowl (it helps to rotate the bowl while mixing). Refrigerate mixture for at least 30 minutes to allow it to firm up.
4. Using a large cookie scoop or spoon, scoop out 10-12 balls and roll with your hands to create a rounder shape. Lightly wet your hands if the mixture is too sticky.
5. Store Energy Balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.